Friday 1 April 2016

Who Are You




Documentary title: Who Are You?

I will be Researching on:
What is Cosplay?
What type of people cosplay and how it effects people now and future generations?
Do other people like cosplay?
Also is it worth the money, time and effort.
Why people cosplay.

What Is Cosplay? The practice of dressing up as a character from a film, book, or video game, especially one from the Japanese genres of manga or anime.

Cosplay Interview:

1. Do You Know What Cosplay Is?
2. What kind of Cosplayer do you consider yourself to be?
3. Why Do You Cosplay?
4. If someone told you they hated your cosplay, what would you do?
5. What would you do or say, if someone said they loved your cosplay?
6. is your cosplay homemade or bought?
7. What’s your favourite cosplay project?
8. What was your first convention?
9. What is cosplay to you?
10. How far into character are you willing to go, at the end of the day are you "YOU" or are you your "CHARACTER"?


For people who don't go to London Comic Con. I created this survey on Quick Survey .com I have these questions for the public.

1. Do you know what cosplay is?

2. Would you cosplay, and if yes How much would you spend?
3. Do you know someone who does?
4. Do you approve of it?

The price for looking like you’re hero
These cosplayers are dishing out some serious cash to make themselves look like there chosen characters.

This could be seen as an art form or it can be viewed as a bad obsession.

Results of Cosplay Survey Taken from the public

Going out into the random public I spoke to random old young and same age people that I could possibly get feedback from and answer these quick questions. These are the results of my findings.

1.     Do you know what cosplay is?
7 people I interviewed said no
15 people said yes 

2. Would you cosplay, and if yes How much would you spend?

16 people I interviewed said yes  Ages between 16 - 19 would spend up to £50 - £100 
people over 20+ Would only spend £20 - £100 
8 people said no 

3. Do you know someone who does?

14 people said yes 
8 people said no 

4. Do you approve of it?

13 people said yes 
11 people said no 


What I was surprised about is how many people didn't even know what Cosplay was. Moving on to the rest of the questions with them I told them about what it was and why people do it. 
Later on the people I was interviewing knew more and liked the idea of cosplay however some people said that they can’t do it because, of cost and how they would look in their chosen characters outfits. 
The main problem I saw that people had was simply how much money they would have to spend to create their character. Parents were fine with spending for their infant children but teenagers and other adults have to think hard on how they will save up to buy the outfits.

I suggested to some people to hand-make their chosen characters, but they replied with saying “it would look cheap and if I wanted to cosplay I'd want to look perfect". So hearing this I went on YouTube and Instagram to find some homemade cosplay and see the price and ask people if they could look good at an affordable price, would this reassure their choice to cosplay?



These are some tutorials I found on YouTube of people 

doing home made cosplay outfits.



D.I.Y COSTUME: AVENGERS BLACK WIDOW




Cosplay D.I.Y Samus Aran Bodysuit | Metroid



Jack Sparrow Makeup Transformation - Cosplay Tutorial





Kamui Cosplay


I found this cosplayer kamui who does tutorials for different characters and has affordable and quick ways of creating professional looking character cosplay. 


Xena

 TV-Show


Symmetra

Overwatch


Norn Warrior

 Guild Wars 2


Dark Valkyrie Diana

 League of Legends



No comments:

Post a Comment